Sunday 30 September 2012

Doing the Cha-Cha

One of my favourite Facebook sites is Optimism Revolution.  The quotes posted on this site are fabulous.  Jim (the author) recently posted one that defines an optimism as someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is doing the cha-cha.

I've been cha-cha-ing my way through the past 6 weeks or so!  Truth be told ... it's probably been the past 3 months or so.

But I refuse to give up.  Going back to where I was is not an option.  For one thing, I'd disappoint too many people ... mostly myself.  And given my future as a holistic nutritionist  ... how can I expect anyone to believe in me if I'm not a living example of health and wellness.  So ... I continue to fight.

A good friend of mine who is going through her own struggles said I make it look so easy.  But it isn't.  Nobody (with the exception of husband the coach) sees me when I'm questioning whether I can continue with this long term.  Or when I've hit a period where I'm cha-cha-ing like there's no tomorrow.  I get on a roll, get sidelined, get a roll again, get sick, get on a roll, get injured..  This has been my life the past few months.  But in spite of it all, I have persevered.  I have not eaten anything that is gluten or dairy.  Maybe I haven't made the BEST choices, but I haven't gotten derailed completely.

The long and short of it is that no matter how had it gets, no matter how discouraged you might be, keep at it.  The rewards are there.    Trust me ... if I can do this ... YOU can do it.  You just have to persevere and never, ever give up!

Yours in health,
Sandy


No comments:

Post a Comment